To start September 2020
Temporary part-time teaching assistant
PCD5 £19,171 pro rata, term time only. 20 hours per week.
Required 1st September 2020 until 31st August 2021 due to increased EHCP requirements in school.
The Governing Body wish to appoint an enthusiastic and dedicated Teaching Assistant who is passionate about making a difference to children's progress and attainment under the supervision of the Head Teacher and SENCo, they will undertake a range of varied tasks to support teaching, learning and care working with individuals or small groups of pupils. You will provide some 1:1 support for a child who has an EHCP. The work will depend on the age of the child/children and their individual needs but may include:
- working within the class supporting whole class teaching
- delivering small group and 1:1 sessions as directed by the class teacher
- providing feedback to the class teacher on pupil progress
- take part in whole school daily tasks - morning playground duty, displays attend staff meetings when required.
- keeping records and attending review meetings
- complying with all school policies and procedures
The appointed candidate will be someone who:
- is motivated, organised and committed
- Has high expectations of all children
- is able to work as part of a team, both under direction and under their own steam
- has energy, enthusiasm and a love of learning which they are able to instill in our pupils
- has good classroom presence and behaviour management skills
- has the ability to provide excellent in-class support or run small group interventions
- has excellent communication skills to develop good relationships with colleagues, children and parents
- is committed to provide high quality care in a safe environment
- has a patient, cheerful and enthusiastic personality
- has an understanding about the importance of safeguarding and keeping children safe
An NVQ Level 3 qualification for Teaching Assistants or similar is required, as is recent experience of working in a a school setting. Experience of working with children with an EHCP is desirable.
Cummersdale School is committed to safeguarding and the promotion of well being for all children. The successful candidate will be subject to an Enhanced DBS check and all relevant searches.
Visits to the school can be arranged (under social distancing guidelines, please email or call the school to make arrangements. Alternatively, to discuss the role further, ring Gareth Jones, Headteacher.
Closing date: 6th July 12pm
Interviews: WB 13th July